Intelligent and focused construction professional with direct experience in all aspects of both commercial and high-end residential construction. Demonstrated ability to analyze, quantify, organize and execute the construction of multiple complex building projects simultaneously, from concept through completion. A problem solver who can think critically and whose willingness to accept challenging assignments has allowed for the rapid expansion of a diverse skill set and knowledge base.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Excellent Math Skills
Excellent Verbal Skills
C.W. GRIMM CONSTRUCTION, INC. Waymart, PA
Estimator & Project Manager
Preparing hard-bid and design-build estimates for potential clients. Negotiating and redesigning as necessary to accommodate owner budgets. Managing new work from preconstruction and permitting through contract administration, and on through completion of work and turnover to client. Yearly estimates exceed $50M while concurrently managing $2M - $10M of work under construction.
- Completed $4M ‘takeover’ construction project far outside of company’s travel radius on behalf of repeat client. Sourced new contractor and vendor base in this area, interviewed and hired local superintendent which has effectively expanded company’s operating area by 50%.
- During high growth period, prepared ½ of all company estimates while simultaneously managing multiple projects in order to help company to meet local demand.
L.R. COSTANZO, INC. Scranton, PA
Quality Control Manager & Estimator
Directed pre-construction planning with regard to quality assurance on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers projects. Prepared and administered quality control programs for projects. Reviewed and approved/rejected submittals based on contractual compliance. Ensured all work put in place complied with contract documents by performing daily inspections and directing contractors accordingly. Developed schedules of activities and testing to ensure error free work. Maintained records of all operations for future reference.
Solicited bids from Subcontractors, wrote project scopes of work and proposals, and performed quantity take-offs in order to prepare budgets and hard-bid estimates. Attended pre-bid meetings to document existing conditions as well as to interface with potential clients.
- Zero re-work in two years of construction totaling approximately $12M at Tobyhanna Army Depot.
- Developed database for the scheduling of inspections and testing required by the USACE.
THE I-GRACE COMPANY, INC. New York, NY
One of two PMs on $32 Million, 27,000 square foot residence for a high profile client in the Philadelphia Main Line. In addition to project management duties, also managed relationships with the Client, Architect/Designers, and media organizations. Project was featured in June 2012 issue of Architectural Digest magazine.
- Assumed Project Manager role mid-way through the work after original PM resigned and lead the project to a successful conclusion.
- Developed procurement matrix to track lead times from many highly specialized, niche industry vendors and subcontractors
TURNER CONSTRUCTION CO. Philadelphia, PA
Member of CM team overseeing construction of an international airport terminal expansion ($42M), 7-story precast concrete parking garage ($10M), and high school/athletic stadium renovation ($21M)
- Compiled Work to Complete list and oversaw its implementation for WilkesBarre/Scranton International Airport project
- Coordinated and managed second shift work in order to allow maximum productivity and maintain schedule
THE I-GRACE COMPANY, INC. New York, NY
Assistant Project Manager
Coordinated various trades, wrote subcontracts and change orders, processed all requisitions for payment and billing, processed submittals, performed site inspections.
- Assumed Assistant Project Manager role to aid in the recovery effort for a troubled $14M project. Worked closely with executive level management to bring the project to a profitable conclusion.
New York Institute of Technology (NYC) B.Sc., Architecture (GPA 3.8)
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification (Construction Safety and Health
- RF & UXO Safety Training – United States Army Corps of Engineers
- Certified Construction Quality Management Contractor – United States Army Corps of Engineers - Member, Tau Sigma Delta, NYIT Architecture Honor Society
Timberline Job Cost
Prolog Project Mgmt
Sage Digitized Takeoff
Primavera USACE QCS / RMS
MS Excel / Work
Please see attached reference list on the following page.